Jomsom Muktinath Trek
Opt out for a perfect blend of nature and culture in the backdrop of wild Himalayas! Jomsom Muktinath Trek takes you along a holy trail to taste the contrast of Himalayan adventure and spirituality. Walk through a rugged trail to the wild; desert like landscape and endeavor all the beauty that Jomsom and Muktinath can shower.
Jomsom Muktinath Trek is a classic trek that takes you along some attractive regions in Annapurna like Poon Hill, Kagbeni, Muktinath, Kaligandaki gorge and Jomsom. You initiate your journey from Nayapul and pass various ethnic settlement villages in between. You continue walking under the shade of rhododendron and fir forest enjoying the vistas of Annapurna at its best. Poon Hill, a vantage point in the region offers the majestic views of Annapurna panorama! The sunrise view from this vantage point adds to the beauty of mountains and leaves you in awe. As you leave Poon hill, you follow your way along the dry and rough terrain to Kagbeni. A walk along the deepest gorge in the world – Kaligandaki gorge showers you with impressive views of Annapurna panorama and Dhaulagiri Himal.
Next attraction of the journey is Muktinath temple! It is a popular spiritual site for Hindu and Buddhist pilgrims. As per Buddhist mythology, Muktinath is a place where Guru Rinpoche had meditated on his journey to Tibet. There is a Gompa built in this place that enhances its spirituality. Similarly, Muktinath is a popular temple of Lord Vishnu. The eternal flame in the temple is a major attraction. Another attraction is the courtyard of the temple that consists of 108 bull faced spouts that pour out cold water. A bath in that cold water is believed to purify your heart and your soul.
Jomsom is a popular village of Gurung people known for its lush landscape and hostile people. Receive a warm greeting from Gurung people as you make your way to Jomsom after a long and tiring journey via Muktinath.
Jomsom Muktinath is a well-designed trek suitable to those who can endure the high elevation regions and walk along a rough and dry terrain. So, if you feel you can do it, join Nepal Hiking Team to enjoy the beauty of Trans Himalayas in Nepal.
- Day 01: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA) Kathmandu
- Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing Tour
- Day 03: Drive to Pokhara (910 m) by tourist bus, 6 hrs
- Day 04: Drive to Nayapul (1,010m) Duration 1 hour and Trek to Tikhedhunga (1,570m) Duration 4 hrs
- Day 05: Trek to Ghorepani (2850m) Duration: 7 hrs
- Day 06: Hike up to Poon Hill (3,210m/10529ft) and onto Tadapani (1200m) Duration: 7 hrs
- Day 07: Trek to Ghasa (2120m) Duration: 7 hrs
- Day 08: Trek to Tukuche (2560m) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 09: Trek to Kagbeni (2800m) Duration: 5 hrs
- Day 10: Trek to Muktinath (3800m) Duration: 4 hrs
- Day 11: Trek to Jomsom (2600m)
- Day 12: Morning flight to Pokhara
- Day 13: Pokhara to Kathmandu
- Day 14: Farewell
- Trip Duration : 14 Days
- Start - End : -
- Highest Altitude : m
- Difficulty :
- Season :
- Activity : Trekking
- Trip Grade :